Hawks Prairie Veterinary Hospital
We Give The Care, You Get The LoveCall for an Appointment Now
October – Animal Safety & Protection This month (and every month) is a time to recognize safety measures you should take to protect your pet and ensure they are healthy. Check out the below safety Tips:
- Be proactive. Keep all animals up to date on immunizations.
- Pet-proof your home. Remove or secure choking hazards and toxic chemicals. Make your home pet-friendly and safe.
- Identify your animals. Place tags securely on collars and even label collars with your contact information. If you have more uncommon pets, take pictures in the event they get loose.
- In a disaster, have a plan. Who will be responsible for locating each animal in the house? How will you transport them? If it is a fire, human life takes priority. However, place decals on windows and doors with the number of humans and each kind and number of pets residing in the home. Keep them up to date.
- Learn basic first aid. Caring for your animal at home will prevent a minor injury from becoming severe. Always call your veterinarian if you are unsure.
- Know your animal. If your animal’s behavior changes, watch for signs of illness. Is he injured or spent too much time in the heat? Contact your veterinarian before giving human over the counter medications.
We are excited to announce that we now offer an online pharmacy. You still have the option to purchase medications directly from our clinic.
Wellness ExamsYour pet can benefit greatly from regular wellness examinations or checkups. Whether your pet is a youngster, a “senior citizen,” or any age in between, wellness examinations provide an excellent opportunity for us to conduct a thorough physical examination and develop a health profile for your pet. This information will help us identify medical problems […]
SurgeryIn our continuing efforts to offer the highest quality veterinary medicine, we are pleased to provide a wide range of surgical services for our patients. From routine surgical procedures, such as spaying and neutering, to more complex surgeries, we look forward to the opportunity to care for your pet’s surgical needs. Our staff is highly […]
Class IV Laser TherapyA Class IV Laser emits a concentrated light beam that stimulates the cell and tissue growth and repair. It reduces damaging inflammation thereby helping to minimize pain and increasing healing potential. It can help patients with a variety of conditions ranging from painful arthritis to ear infections and wound healing. Please call us for more […]
Years in Existence
Our Clients Love Us!
Absolutely wonderful place to take your pets!!! Their staff goes out of their way to help with your pets care needs. There are other Vets around but no place is as good as here. I would recommend them to everyone.
Rebecca Kay Jones
My pets have been cared for by the wonderful staff at Hawks Prairie Veterinary Hospital for 14 years now (since before the current structure was built). I trust them 100%. The pictures are of my dog listening to his Veterinarian just outside the door. He loves her!!